CANVAS is a small, 8-year old nonprofit dedicated to the promotion of greater awareness and appreciation for Philippine art, culture and the environment.
We are in the midst of an effort to scale our reach and impact, and now seek a full-time Public and Social Media Outreach Officer to take the lead on two priority activities: first, to coordinate and scale our efforts to work with other nonprofits, communities and schools to systematically give away more of our books to disadvantaged children throughout the Philippines; and second, to oversee CANVAS’ online communications strategies.
The Public and Social Media Outreach Officer will work collaboratively with the Executive Director and the rest of the CANVAS family primarily to:
- Identify, cultivate, solicit and nurture partnerships with public schools, local communities, nonprofits, socially responsive corporations and other interested agencies or individuals to ensure the efficient, effective, distribution of CANVAS’ books to poor children throughout the country, including developing activities and events to enhance the use of these books for learning;
- Record, measure and document CANVAS’ “One Million Books for One Million Children” initiative;
- Design and implement a social media outreach strategy to increase public awareness for CANVAS’ “One Million Books for One Million Children” initiative; and to
- Regularly update CANVAS’ online assets (websites, facebook, twitter, etc.).
The ideal candidate will have a demonstrable mix of the following qualifications:
- College graduate
- Experience and ability to work effectively with people of diverse interests and backgrounds, such as public school officials, teachers, and students, and residents urban and rural poor communities; as well as high level decision makers in the corporate and nonprofit worlds
- Experience in social media marketing across various platforms, blogging, and website design
- Knows how to confirm mutual understandings, and close deals
- An interest in the arts
- Excellent English and Filipino written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills
- Strong project/event management and time management skills, with proven ability to work within tight timelines and limited budgets
- Close attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple activities
- Willingness to work occasional evenings/weekends
Compensation and benefits will be generous and competitive.
Starting date will be as soon as possible.
If interested, please email your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.