CANVAS is a small, 6-year old nonprofit dedicated to the promotion of greater awareness and appreciation for Philippine art, culture and the environment. We are in the midst of an effort to scale our reach and impact, and now seek a full-time Development Coordinator to lead the design and implementation of fund development strategies for CANVAS’ operations, events and activities.
The Development Coordinator will work collaboratively with the Executive Director and the rest of the CANVAS family particularly to identify, cultivate, solicit and nurture corporate sponsorships and partnerships; and individual donors, as well as grants from foundations, clubs/civic organizations, and corporations.
The ideal candidate will have a demonstrable mix of the following qualifications:
* College graduate
* Experience in fundraising via corporate event sponsorships, alliances and partnerships
* Knows how to confirm mutual understandings, and close deals
* Grant writing experience
* An interest in the arts
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills
* Strong project/event management and time management skills, with proven ability to work within tight timelines and limited budgets
* Ability to work comfortably with people of diverse interests and backgrounds, e.g. with corporate decision makers, donors, nonprofit community leaders, and volunteers
* Close attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple activities
* Willingness to work occasional evenings/weekends
The candidate must have reliable transportation. Compensation and benefits will be generous and competitive, with bonuses based on performance.
Starting date will be June 2012.
If interested, please email your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.