Tuesday, April 26, 2011

MOVING STILL by Tammy Tan


ARTIST STATEMENT

I made the bottles and jars around the year 2000, using glass paints, marine epoxy clay painted with acrylic, and added ornaments.

These are some of the results of that creative effort. Ever since then, each piece has given me an unexplainable and incomparable sense of pride and joy, maybe because I made then during a particularly vulnerable period in my life.

It interests me, now, how it translates on canvas. Was I able to show the essence of why these pieces move me? I wonder if and how it would affect viewers.

Framed in, they receive undivided attention.

*** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***

"Moving Still" opens at CANVAS' Looking for Juan Artspace in Serendra at 6pm on Tuesday, May 3, 2011. A portion of all sales from the exhibit will benefit CANVAS' Books-for-3000-Children Project.

No comments: